About This Episode
Six Figures isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, especially when there seems to be a moving target & every changing definition that suits the exclaimer…
I’m calling BS on 6 figure claims in marketing…it’s bothersome and frustrating unless you ask the right questions and shift your focus. It’s easier than you think and it’s probably not what you think it is.
In this episode, I have a few questions for you. What to contemplate and ponder whenever you hear the works “6 figures” touted somewhere on someone’s sales copy…
I’m not saying that it’s not true 6 figures but what I am saying is be cautious and read between the lines – IE: revenue versus profit or billed versus cash collected.
The words barely register but there is a huge difference. And let’s not forget positive cash flow. That’s the second layer to ponder…
Mentioned in this episode:
- Where you can schedule a coffee chat consultation with Joyce: thecommoncents.com/consult
- Happy Birthday to my sister 🙂
Highlights of this episode:
- 00:33 How do you feel about the whole “six figures” era?
- 02:30 The two biggies that bother me about the mystique of importance
- 03:26 Why being vague is bothersome
- 09:53 Why random “magical” measures of success are bothersome
- 10:23 What to focus on instead (profit & positive cash flow)
- 16:45 Birthday shout out