About This Episode
Building a growing, thriving, successful business isn’t a given. It won’t just fall out of the sky… you can’t just build it and the customers will come.
Over the years, I’ve made a few observations, my informal case study, into what makes for a successful business.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The crazy stats – few businesses make it to their 5 year anniversary & even fewer make it to their 10th anniversary and beyond.
- The 3 things that I’ve noticed among the successful businesses around me… what they do that others don’t do (or don’t do consistently).
Highlights of this episode:
- 01:12 What does it take to start, build and grow a successful business?
- 01:46 Why you need more than goals…why you need a plan of attack
- 02:13 Why you need to invest in yourself and your business in various ways
- 03:44 A few of my business game changers at different price points to help you invest in yourself and your business
- 06:32 Why you should take stock in what you’re doing and why you’re doing it BEFORE you invest
- 07:10 Why tracking (and it’s frequency) matters to your overall ROI
- 09:33 Recap…top three things to do to make it to 10 years and beyond
Here’s a list of the books & resources mentioned in this episode*:
- 12 Week Year – Get More Done in 12 Weeks Than Others Do in 12 Months – by Brian P Moran and Michael Lennington
- Traction – Get a Grip On Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Smart Leaders Sell by Jessica Lorimer (she also has a 90 Day Sales Planner)
- You’re a Badass & You’re A Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
I also mentioned my very own business trackers & spreadsheet templates. If you’d like to get access to the business trackers that I’m working on…join the wait list here.
Additional Building A Business Resources:
- 50 Steps Every Entrepreneur Must Take To Build A Business – Entrepreneur.com
- Top 20 Tips for Building A Business from Successful Entrepreneurs – Thinkfic.com
- What Percentage of Small Businesses Fail? (And Other Need-to-Know Stats) – Fundera.com
*This is a link to my Amazon shop so you may find more than the books/resources listed in this posting.