Episode 017 – Procrastination is Costing Your Money
About This Episode
There are few things that kill momentum and cost you more money than procrastination.
Lack of planning, and lack of productivity don’t exact;y help the cause either.
I know because I admit it, I’m a recovering procrastinator.
For instance, it took me a week longer than it should have to get off my axx and batch record the podcast episodes for August (including this one).
So I guess that this episode is sort of a case study in my own attempt at getting back on track, recovering and reminding myself how to be a lot more productive and get stuff done…so that I can actually outsource a few things, spend a lot less time working and more time hanging out with my friends and family.
Tips that you can use if you’re a newbie, a side-hustler or veteran business owner.
Highlights of this episode:
- 01:38 Why procrastination wastes everything – momentum, time, and money (and what to do about it)
- 01:53 The 3 Ps – productivity, planning and procrastination
- 02:02 Why multitasking is crap and another time-waster
- 04:39 What I purchased helps me unplug and how it changed everything
- 08:29 What hobby I accidently fell in love with
- 08:45 Why being disorganized is related to procrastination
- 09:45 What the tomato (pomodoro) technique is and how it always gets me back on track
- 13:00 Confession of a serial procrastinator…
- 16:01 How multitasking, disorganization and procrastination is costing you money
- The checklist – Grab Your Free Money Matters Checklist Here
- The book – Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy
- Single Tasking Versus Multi-Tasking
- Multitasking Is Dead
- Bookkeeping Basics – What To Do & Why You Need To Do It