What do chess and business strategy have in common? A heck of a lot if you ask me…
In this episode, I walk through my process of treating strategic business planning like a game of chess…thinking more than 3 moves ahead and you’ll win at successfully achieving any business goal you set for yourself.
Mentioned in today’s episode:
- Why strategic planning is a lot like planning and playing a game of chess
- What 3-4 moves you’ll make to set and achieve your business goals
- Why you need to start with your long term goals
- Why you need a WHY as your starting point
- Why the B-word (budget) shouldn’t freak you out
- How to break down your goals into a strategy and an action plan
- How often you should check-in and when you should pivot or stay the course
- Where you can get reinforcements
- Starts With Why – Simon Sinek
- Ted Talk: Starts With Why – Simon Sinek
- Business Planning/Strategy: Evolve
- Money Metrics Template Bundle
Remember, this is an open discussion. If you have a question that you’d like me to answer on an upcoming episode, send an email to email@example.com.