About This Episode
Outsourcing doesn’t have to be a chore… it’s actually one of my go to when it comes to growing and scaling my business. The step that I recommend taking before hiring a more permanent team (aka employees).
But before you go on a team building spree, you have to know the 3 tests that defines an independent contractor relationship…and pass them.
Once you’ve passed the test…all systems are a go. Go forth and team build to grow. Get back into your zone of genius, your core activities… by doing less (yourself) so that you can play more.
Highlights of this episode:
- 1:12 timed highlights
- 00:45 What is outsourcing? What’s the difference between an employee and an independent contractor?
- 01:30 What are some tax implications you should consider when outsourcing
- 03:09 What are the tax guidelines for defining an independent contractor relationship
- 08:49 Advantages of Outsourcing
- 11:09 Disadvantages of Outsourcing
- 13:03 Examples of general tasks to outsource
- 13:45 Examples of accounting tasks (note: not every accountant does all of these tasks and this isn’t an exhaustive list)
- 14:50 Who should outsource their accounting
- 15:34 Why you should outsource your accounting
- 16:00 How to outsource your accounting
- 16:29 Three steps to a smooth transition
- 21:00 How to work with us
- Independent Contractor Versus Employee
- Why Should You Outsource
- 10 Tasks Your Virtual Accounting And Bookkeeping Team Can Do To Save Your Time And Money
- Why Outsource Bookkeeping/Accounting?
- Team Building Using Independent Contractors
Attorneys That Can Help With Service Agreements for Independent Contractors: